Consistent complaint of acidity, breathlessness, back pain on rhomboedius muscle. Causes and medication?

34 yrs female overall healthy; acidity issues persist. Consistent complaint of back pain on the left bottom side of rhomboedius muscle coupled with slight breathlessness. After slight massaging on the muscle, she feels fine. But this issue comes up every few days. Please suggest causes, treatments, side effects if any - Thanks ...... XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 days later

I see that the acidity issues persist. The pain in the back is mostly related to the acidity in the first place.

It can also be due to a muscle sprain on the Rhomboidus muscle. The muscle sprains are usually associated with breathlessness.

I do not see any other causes here. Let me know if it is associated with any swelling, or other related symptoms.

The treatment plan would be to take care of the acidity initially. If it is a muscle sprain, you can opt for topical analgesic sprays like Diclofenac spray. It is available over the counter.

The acidity can be treated using antacids like Omeprazole and dietary changes. Omeprazole is also available over the counter.

There are no side effects of these medicines as such. However, if the analgesics are taken orally, they may increase the acidity problem.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more concerns.