Concerned about food poisoning after eating stale chicken

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been on the road for over a month. I arrived last night and on my way home, purchased a baked Chicken. I ate some of it last night... all was well. Today I reach in the fridge and didn't realize that it was setting next to the same type of baked chicken that has been in the fridge for over a month. I made a sandwich and ate about half of the sandwich before I realized what I had done. This was about an hour and a half ago. As I am terrified of food poisoning, what should I do?
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Since you have already consumed the stale chicken more than two hours ago, now we cant help the food poisoning in case the chicken you ate was already infected.
You have to wait and watch for any diarrhea and vomiting over the next 2 days.
Till then keep your fingers crossed.
In case you get these symptoms, medical treatment might be needed after proper examination in case the supportive treatment does not help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.