Cloudy spot on the chest x-ray. What could be the reasons?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a chest X-ray 3 weeks ago....and got a glimpse of it while waiting to see if it were okay. The left chest cavity was "cloudy" My doctor has had back surgery and hasn't returned to seeing patients and I am quite uneasy as to the meaning of the "cloudy" X-ray. I have researched the problem and found there are many things that it could be. My question is should I wait for my doctor, or go to the ER? I repeat, I am quite anxious to know the finding of the Xray.
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
A cloudy spot on the chest X-ray could be due to many causes. To a layman, a heart shadow also looks like a cloudy spot. Since you do not have any clinical signs and symptoms, there is nothing to worry. If there was anything serious, then your doctor's office must have called you.
Please do not worry prematurely. You can wait for your doctor to be back from his vacations.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.