Clear mucus coming out of rectum when having bowel movements. I smoke crack cocaine. What to do?

Question
ihave clear mucus coming coming out of rectum when i have gas and or bowel movement, .why or what is this i smoke crack cocaine.
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Clear mucus coming out of the rectum can be due to an anal fissure, inflammatory bowel disease, bowel obstruction or an infection.
I'll be able to help you better if you can answer the following questions:
a. Do you pass any blood as well when you have a bowel movement?
b. Are the bowel movements painful?
c. Have you experienced any crampy abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion or any other unusual symptoms that you may want to share.
Although it is strongly recommended that you give up crack cocaine due to its inherent risks, its unlikely that your present symptoms are due to cocaine.
Awaiting your reply