Clear fluid drainage from right ear, clogging, retaining water, hearing muffled, tinitus effects. on crestor, lipitor. Cause of continuous drainage ?

experiencing drainage of clear fluid from my right ear. flushed with mix of vineger and alcohol thinking ear was clogged and retaining water. Since then, continues drainage. hearing is muffled with tinitus effects. Also, noticed my mouth temp is a 96.5 degrees. Latest mod to medication regime was use of crestor in lieu of lipitor
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 40 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I realize you have a situation for your right ear discharge. I should tell you that you immediately STOP flushing your ears with any fluids. And rush to a ENT specialist NOW. Meanwhile keep some clean cotton in the ear and change it every hour.

I presume, that clear discharge is from the middle and inner ear behind the ear drum - which in all possibility must have given way due to some reason. Either way, you need immediate medical attention for this. Muffled hearing is due to the ear drum not being intact. Tinnitus is an accompanying effect since your middle ear might have been exposed to outer environment - which it should not normally.

That mouth temperature is fine, no fever - so I see lesser chances of a acute/chronic middle ear infection.

And I do not see Rosuvastatin (Crestor) as the culprit. Nor, with any of your current medications.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.