Clammy, nausea, symptoms of acid reflux

Hi. I am a 60 year old female. For the last few days I have been clammy and nauseous . I also have some symptoms that seem like acid reflux.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
If you have these symptoms since few days only and no history of gastric disturbances ( gastroesophageal reflux disease , gastritis, peptic ulcer ), then most probably your condition are correlated to mild indigestion, dyspepsia. . Most effective in such condition proton pomp inhibitors, any of : omeprazole or esomeprazole or pantoprazole once a day before breakfast. These drugs can prescribe your Doctor ,plus over the counter Ranitidine (Zantac ) at bedtime, plus antacid ( neutralize stomach acid ) medication like Maalox , Rennie, ( chewable tablets or syrup ). General considerations: avoid non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen or Aspirin, smoking, alcohol, large fatty meals, spicy food, coffee, soda, stress. All these measures will help and will improve your condition.

I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,