Citalopram,oxyelite pro.Effects?

I am taking 40 mg. citalopram and would like to start taking oxyelite Pro. What are the known side effects?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

As a rule, I recommend against using this product Oxelyte Pro. This is a thermogenic preparation which supposedly raises the metabolic rate of the body to help burn calories. It sounds great in theory but I do not think it works practically. I feel even more strongly about this with you taking citalopram at the same time.

I am sure, you are aware but I should remind you that citalopram is well known to cause issues with weight gain. If you feel this is contributing to your weight you might visit with your doctor to discuss alternatives. There are many great alternatives such as Wellbutrin which work well without the negative side-effect of weight gains.

If you took the Oxelyte, the side effects are unpredictable and the interaction between this and the citalopram are largely not known so it would be only guesswork to tell you what you might expect. My recommendation is to save your time and money, talk to your doctor about an alternative anti-depressant and work on the lifestyle modifications which will lead to natural thermogenic weight loss.

I thank you again for submitting your query. I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga.