Ask a Urologist   »  

Circumcised male, having dry and flaky gland on penis. Should i go to doctor?

I am a circumsised male living in NYC and the skin on the front of the gland of my penis away from front is dry and flacky. I haven't engaged in sex for several years so what could possibly cause and what kind of medical specialist should see and how might I find one? There's nothing else to say. There's no itch. The rest of the glans perfectly fine. I think if it could be kept dry (which is impossible due daily shower) and not suffer hot water and soap, it might go away.
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 42 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern about dryness.
As long as it does not affect the urethral opening, and urination is alright, there is no role for a urologist.
Many conditions affecting the skin can affect the glans as well, like LICHEN PLANUS.
A dermatologist is the best person to solve the issue.
I wish i could have helped better if i had the opportunity to see a photograph of the affected area.
Wishing you good health,