Chronic tiredness, digestion issues. What could be causing this?

General Surgeon
I am 62 years old and I am chronically tired, I have always had digestive problems and nothing nasty or sinister has ever showed up but I am always tired and don't know why

Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 25 minutes later
Most common cause of your tiredness is your age.
All the systems will getting degenerated.It is natural.
As both of your parents are diabetics,get a simple Glucose tolerance test and exclude diabetes.
You didnot mention the cause for previous surgeries.
Any surgery will hinder the normal activity,particularly over the abdomen.
Please take good balanced diet.
Do regular exercise like walking.
Please take B complex with antioxidant capsule daily.
You will notice change
Wish you good health
Follow-up: Chronic tiredness, digestion issues. What could be causing this? 10 hours later
Thank you, my previous surgeries were a hysterectomy in my late 20s and then my left ovary removed in my late 30s, apparently when I ovulated my ovary released blood, which caused me a lot of intense pain, both surgeries were abdominal.Not quite sure what you mean about them hindering me now.I will take your advice and start using vitamin b and get some good antioxidant tablets.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later
As your left ovary was removed,please get your estrogen hormone levels.
If they are low,you have to go for antioxidant capsule for few weeks and observe.
Your tiredness will be relieved.
Wish you good health