Chronic kidney disease patient. Taking PROLOMET- XL for BP. Discontinued Stamlo. Suggest suitable tablet for blood pressure?

I am a 60 yrs old Chronic kidney disease patient and earlier I had undergone Bladder augmentation operation in 2009 and since then I am on CIC (clean intermittent catheterisation) I have been taking PROLOMET- XL 50 twice daily ( 9am and 9pm ) for my blood pressure control.,as per nephrologistst's advice .Of late, my BP is not well under control and measured as 180/90, 190/90 and 184/100 on three occassions in the Evening time (around 6 to 7 pm ).Earlier ,I was taking Stamlo- 5mg once daily but discontinud the same as per nephrologist advice. Now, my question is 1) Which is the suitable tablet for my Blood pressure control to a satisfactory level keeping in view my creatine level also ?2) Whether further reduction of salt would be of any help in my case ? I am awaiting a reply eagerly.
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Increase and uncontrolled blood pressure may be indicative of renal disease getting worse.
Check for loss of proteins in the urine to assess the extent of renal damage.

Salt and protein restriction is needed with medication.
Less than 4 mg of salt should be taken per day.

Drugs of choice for hypertension in this case are
- Thiazide and loop diuretics for adequate diuresis.
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotension receptor blocker are to be used carefully by monitoring Potassium and creatinine.

Hope the answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.