Chin lump, very small. Serious?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I felt my chin last night and have a small very hard lump which feels like bone attached it feels to my chin bone. It isnt painful and only the size of a very small pea. I am not feeling that well either. A very similar feeling to when I had a blocked milk duct when I was breast feeding. Im worrying myself silly that it might be something terrible. It developed out of no where.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sangeet 41 minutes later

Relax, you need not worry about the swelling. It's normally present in most of the individuals including me. Some of course have a dimple chin, wherein a small pit is felt at the same site instead.

If its painful or growing rapidly in size, you might need to see an Orthopedician or a Dentist.

Hope I have solved your doubt. Kindly get back to me if you have further follow up queries.

Wish you good health.