Chills, sweating, subnormal temperature, had MVC, sinus headache, runny nose, cough. Reason?

Question
chills and sweats all night and temperature is subnormal (96.5 orally)checked twice at 6am and at 8:30am. MVC last night 7pm. Also finished 7 days antibiotic for UTI last night and during this time of last 5 days, I developed cold symptoms (sinus headache, cough, runny nose/stuffy nose which I took pseudofed and excedrin migraine last night at approx 12 midnight). ??explanation for chills/sweats and subnormal temp? No obvious injuries from accident. FYI, I am totally post menopause for several years.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Chills and cold sweats with subnormal body temperature are commonly associated with a recent viral infection. The weakness arising out of the illness causes the subnormal temperature which causes the feeling of chills.

These symptoms do not indicate any serious pathology and usually recover on their own. No treatment is needed in most of the cases. Avoiding alcohol and spicy food will help in improving the symptoms. If the symptoms are persistent then evaluation by a physician is entailed.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.