Child's left flank is bigger than right side, pain in right side

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My 13 year old daughters left flank is considerably bigger than her right side. She has been complaining that her right side hurts at times
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The increase in size of left flank as compared to right along with pain might be due to an abscess formation or a renal mass or splenomegaly.
A clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound scan and blood counts are necessary to find out the exact cause.
You need to consult her pediatrician for proper investigations and further treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.