Child with stomach ache, dizzy after eating, fever and looks pale. What could be the reason?

Hi there,
My 14yr old son has come from school was perfectly ok and i told him to eat his tea chips, veg fish fingers and eggs hee's kind of stopped eating he's growing and lost weight as he was a little plump but sometime does'nt eat
all day and then he felt dizzy after eating(not all of it) stomach ache and had been sick around 3 times. Ive just given him a pain killer just one with water and its come straight back up. he's hot to touch and looks pale, I have a feeling the food was too XXXXXXX for his stomach especially as he's looking thin and then he has had this meal? please help
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Teens have very good digestive abilities especially one in growth spurt. The increased baseline temperature could probably be due to increased basal metabolic rate(BMR) and nothing to be worried about.

If the temperature stays on the higher side for more than 3 days, he may have to be examined by his treating doctor to find out the exact cause for the fever which could be an infectious condition.

I would not consider any sort of food can be XXXXXXX to a teenager, even in thin built. Do give him ample amount of nutritious food whenever he craves for. He does loose weight as he will be gaining height. Do provide multivitamin supplements to support his growth spurt.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Child with stomach ache, dizzy after eating, fever and looks pale. What could be the reason? 8 hours later
Ok thanks. Well, he has had 2 full jugs of water and claims he feels a little better and wanted to go to school. I have told him to stay at home as he's still quite warm to touch hopefully will work itself out of his system. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Do observe his temperature for two days from now so that infection do not go ignored, if that is the cause for the fever.

Wish you good health.