Child with cough and runny nose. Given corminic but no help. Suggest medication?

My daughter is 15 months old. She is having cough and running nose for more than 10days.She is going to day care also.
We gave her syrup CORIMINIC as described by our doctor 3 ml once a day but still its there.Can you please suggest some medicine or any remedy.
She is also not interested in taking water always.How can i make her to take water.She is also not at all interested in eating.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

The little baby is suffering from a viral infection , which usually occur in babies of day care centers.

Do you have any family history of allergic disorders?

Continue with the medications, it will take & days to settle.
Get your baby vaccinated according to protocols.

Give her steam and xylometazoline nasal drops , 2 drops in both nostrils three times a day.

Babies at this age are choosy eaters , so do not force them to eat , just keep them with yourself when you are eating.

Decrease the volume and frequency of milk and add soft diet like mashed meat, banana , cereals , rice and vegetables.

If you have any other query will be available for your help.
Wishing her a speedy recovery.

take care
Follow-up: Child with cough and runny nose. Given corminic but no help. Suggest medication? 5 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Till now she has not started walking.She is standing for a minute or two independently.

Is it normal or we need to consult doctor for this?

please prescribe some syrup for Vitamin C and iron.

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 23 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up.

Its a really enchanting scene when your baby starts walking in front of your eyes.

If she can stand with support its good but she should be examined by doctor .
I recommend you to give her vitamin D and calcium supplements.

Iron polymaltose and ascorbic acid are the syrups you asked kindly consult your doctor.

Hope I answered your question , if you do not have any other clarification you can close the discussion and rate my response.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.