Child undergone T+A surgery. Started vomiting and has pain in eye. What should I do?

my 6yr old daughter had T+A surgery 2days ago, she wont eat or drink has only had 10/15 mls of water has only went the toilet once today and has vomited twice, shes slept 3 times today and said the light hurts her eyes and hasnt got off the sofa to move around, what should i do to help her
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The symptoms your daughter has appear to be due to post surgical sickness. This involves extreme fatigue, acid disturbances in the stomach and pain at the surgery site. Need not worry this is not directly related to the procedure or the condition she has before the surgery. The symptoms could probably be due to the anaesthesia or the medications used during the surgery.

The symptoms will soon subside on own without any medical intervention. Better motivation to walk around, foods in dilute forms especially juices, Antacids like Pepto given twice daily will solve the issue.

If she remains the same for another 2 days, it would be better to take her to her surgeon to rule out operation site complications or infections in any other parts of the body involved during the procedure.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do let me know, if there are any other concerns.