Child took over dose of seroflow rotacaps capsules accidentally. What should be done?

Hi Doctor,

My In laws just informed that my 2.5 years old daughter put around 25 seroflow rotacaps capsules in her mouth and by the time they took it all out the capsules were stuck to each other. The gelatin portion of the capsules had melted and the propionate powder is not there. Would she have swallowed the powder?
What will be the side effects?
Kindly advise what needs to be done.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please take to the emergency

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

I request you to take her to the emergency at the earliest possible. She might have swallowed some powder. There could be various side effects which rapid heart beat, irregular heart beat, fainting etc.

Please consult your doctor immediately. Please also wash the mouth of the kid with water to prevent intake of some powder which might have been left in the mouth.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics