Child suffering from cough and used augmenti syrup. Undergone Tracheostomy and hole is closed with plaster. Advise?

My son suffering with cough before one week on ward we have used augmenti syrup Trichostomy tube removed hole is there still we are closing with plaster last sunday eaten cool cake advice sir....
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Relax,there is nothing to worry.
Usually ten days after tracheostomy child can eat and drink routine diet.
But still soft diet is preffered.
Give food which is not too hot or cold so as to ptevent chocking which is common till 2 to 3 weeks post operative.
Rest take care of wound and after 2weeks he will br able to follow his normal routine.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health

God bless..