Child refusing to drink milk. Anything else that can compensate the nutrients?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Dear Sir,
I have 2.8 years Old Son, he is around 11 kg, he doesn't like milk and so he is not drinking it,
I would like to kown how can we compensate the nutrients of milk or what else can be done from our side
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 27 minutes later

Milk is a good source of protein, calcium and fats and vitamins which are needed for the healthy development of children.

The nutrients of Milk are also available in other dairy products derived from milk like curds, butter (ghee), butter milk, cheese, paneer (tofu), etc .So you can include them in his diet.

If you do consume non-vegetarian food, then eggs are an even better source of proteins and calcium than milk. Oily fish and meat products provide a good variety of vitamins and minerals.

You can encourage your child to drink flavoured milk or use various milk based health drinks available in different flavours to mix in his milk but do remember that natural homemade food is the best for children.

For a variety of nutritious recipes and age based diet schedules you may visit WWW.WWWW.WW .

Hope I have answered your query.