Child presently suffering with conjuctivitis has crepitus in upper eye lids. Normal?

My 19 month old son seems to have conjunctivitis. What's concerning to me is that he has crepitus or subcutaneous emphysema in his upper eye lids. Is this a normal finding with pink eye?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Crpitus is not usual.This occurs due to air leaking in the subcutaneus area which clasically gives a egg shell crackling sound,which we call as criptus,and i would presume that is what you are getting.
This criptus in any case does not require any tt.
It is supposed to go away on its own.
carry on with treatment of conjunctivitis and baby will be fine.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard