Child passed white stools with blood. Blood work okay. Any suggestions?

my 4 year old son passed what looked like a granulated sugar/pure white stool and bright red blood ... no formed stool of any color, truly looks just like sugar had been poured in the toilet ... went to ER, blood positive in stool but blood work OK ... sent us home - I'm not satisfied. I am a radiation therapist and have never come across a stool sample or such an amount of fresh blood passed at one time ... any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
The cause for bleeding per rectum can be a worm infestation or a gut polyp.
You should first try deworming in full regimen.
It should solve the problem, if not then you should consult the surgeon to work upon the polyp.
Give the child Tab.Albendazole Once a day at bed time for three days, avoid sugar at this duration.
Repeat stool examination after 7days.
I think the advise would be helpful for you.