Child on piriton cs, seems to have increased cough and slight wheezing. What can be done for relief?

Hi, my daughter had cough and the Paediatric prescribed piriton cs. I gave her the dosage he prescribed which is 3.5 ml but now she seems to have a slight wheeze and is coughing a lot more now. What can I do to help her?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 54 minutes later

Thanks for your query,
I can feel your concerns,

She should be given nebulization with salbutamol, frequently till she stop wheezing
, you should also give her simple steam inhalation . This has got very good results.
let me know.
1.Is she running fever?
2.Is there any family history of allergy?
3.Is there been associated nasal blockage?
4.Is there any history of worm infestation?

Wheezing is actually due to narrowing of smaller airways and it get relived by the salbutamol.

Waiting for your response,
Dr XXXXXXX Hussain