Child is suffering from stomach cramps. Is it safe to use colic drop?

Feb 2013

I have and 8 week old baby who is suffering from stomach cramps. I have isolated that it is nothing I am eating. She was one month early and and is now twice her birth weight. I suspect that I may have an oversupply of milk from my little reading on the matter. Colic drops help are they okay to use for a period of time?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 18 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Around this age group in infants colic is common and it presents with stomach cramps.

You can give colic drops in prescribed dosage whenever it is required preferably 15 minutes before feeding.

During stomach cramps you can hold the baby tummy against your shoulder as this will relieve her stomach cramp.

Colic is not related to mother food or intake of excessive breast milk.

Nothing to worry and continue to give exclusive breast feeds to your baby.

Burp baby after each feed.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.