Child is having pain under ribs and shoulder. What cure should be done?

my nind year old rand daughter has pain under her ribs and shoulcer on the right side. she is not feeling sick but is in considerable discomort. She says she has not fallen at school etc.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 1 hour later
Thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I would like to know a few more details so that i can help you better.
1. For how long has she been complaining of this pain?
2. Does she complain of this pain while breathing?
3. Does she have fever or cough?

From the information, you provided this probably is a simple musculoskeletal pain.
Within 1 or 2 days the pain will subside, until then to ease her discomfort you can give her analgesic (ibuprofen) along with ranitidine (Zantac, rantac etc) after prescription from a pediatrician.

Hope the information was useful, I am happy to answer any further queries in this regard.
Do not worry; she will get well soon.

Take care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD
Assistant Professor- Pediatrics