Child having pimples in scalp, keeps growing with flaking sores. Have swollen lymph node behind ear

My son is three years old, I have noticed some "pimples" in scalp. These pimples keep growing by the numbers and he has large sores that is flaking. I also noticed some swollen lymph nodes behind his ear. He has also had a heat rash for a few days.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later
Thanks for your query

This probably seems like seborrhic dermatitis, which is a fungal infection spreading over the scalp and involving the draining lymph nodes. They can be secondarily infected by bacteria.

Having said that, he should be started with antifungal ointment along with hydrocortisone ointment after consulting dermatologist.

Is it possible for you to post a picture of the lesion on your son? You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to use it.

Keep the hygienic condition.
Anti fungal shampoo should be used thrice a week.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.