Child having mild fever and cough. Cough increases after giving medicine. Suggest effective medicine

ENT Specialist
My kid is having mild fever and cough.

She was having a mild fever two days before and fever went away without any medication. Now after 2 days she is having cough and mild fever again. She coughed and vomitted twice today. Mucus was seen on it.

I am giving her Azithral , acetamenophen and zedex-p syrup. Will zedex-p increase cough or decrease it? Seems cough has increased after first dose of 2.5 ml.
regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 30 minutes later

Hello, I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. Based on information provided, it appears that it is upper respiratory tract infection. I would suggest you to consult Pediatrician as she may require an examination to look for a cause in chest before starting treatment. She may also require an x XXXXXXX chest and a blood test, which will tell us about infection or allergy as a cause of her complaints.

To me the treatment appears OK but the right way of doing it to consult a Pediatrician and get the tests done (if required).

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if you need more information on this.

With regards
Ravinder Sharma