Child having cold, cough and fever. Prescribed with seroflo inhaler. Will the medication cure cold?

hi ! my son is 2.5 yrs and he is frequently getting cold and cough along with fever, doctor has prescribed seroflo 125 Inhaler for 2 Months, Its been 15 days we are giving him regular, he was feeling fine from last 10 days, but now again started running nose from last 2 days. so my question is will seroflo 125 will help in curing cold or we need to give him other medicine for cold and running nose.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern.
Since he has been prescribed seroflu inhalar your doctor must be treating him for hyper responsive airway disease.

There is relief in symptoms of cold with inhalational corticosteroid .

If such patient comes to my clinic I would add decongestant with antiallergic like syp tminic 7ml thrice a day.for couple of days.

Also give him warm fluids like lemon tea,vegetable soup as it will be soothing.

In case symptoms persist get him examined by pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query.
In case you have any further query I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless...