Child have throat infection, fever and cold. Crocin helps. What to do?

My daughter is having a throat infection and a cold. Shes 4 years old, and runs a temperature of 99-101 before Crocin brings it down. Is there something else I should look out ofr?
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 23 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Your child is having symptoms of upper respiratory infection which is mostly viral in nature and settles in few days but it could be bacterial as well.

I suggest you to
- monitor fever every 6 hourly and give acetaminophen in case it is above 100F.
-give plenty of fluids,warm fluids will be soothing.
-give soft bland diet so as to maintain hydration and nutrition.
-for relief of cold you can give some decongestant with antiallergic like (t-minic)

In case fever continues to be on higher side and symptoms persist after 48 hours I suggest you to get her examined by pediatrician as physical examination will be required to rule out any bacterial infection for which course of antibiotic will be required.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless...