Child have fever and suspected for ear infection. What to do?

Ear Infection Suspicion with 5year son. Result of low absorption spectrophotometry. Fever, snotty. How many days will dare to expect, should you see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, show it to a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using helath care magic for posting your query.

If the 5year child has a fever, the child has to get investigated. he needs to get a complete blood count and his ear got checked if ear infection is a suspicion. He needs to be on antibiotics preferable cefexime or amoxycilline for 5 days so that the infection gets settled.
You certainly need to see a doctor, cause ear infections can be very painful and troublesome.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.