Child has shortness of breath and chest vibration after hot shower. Is it too much heat?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sometimes following a hot shower and today, following a dip in a hot tub, my 8 year old daughter experiences shortness of breath and what she describes as a vibration in her chest--which after a few more questions, I believe to be a pounding heart. She says she also feels "tired" for a few minutes. Could the problem be as simple as too much heat?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Feeling shortness of breath and palpitation after a hot shower is possibly due to the re distribution of the blood circulation due to the heat. There is deviation of blood to the extremities due to peripheral vasodilatation resulting in these symptoms.
Reducing the heat during the shower, taking a bath in sitting position instead of standing will be helpful. You can also get her examined for anemia by getting a blood test done under your physician's guidance.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.