Child has runny nose, strong odor. No fever, cough or pain.

Infertility Specialist
My daughter is 8. For a month or so now, she has had a runny nose, from one nostril. Recently it has given off a strong odor. She has no other symptoms, no fever, aches pains, coughs, nothing. Her check up with her dr. is next month but not sure if I can wait that long.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Running nose from only one nostril and odor indicates possibility of some foreign body in the nose. Your child might have accidently put something in nose while playing. Otherwise there could be some form of infection.

I suggest dont wait till next month. Dont take risk by waiting. Kindly see an ENT (Ear,Nose, Throat) specialist right away.