Child has poor appetite. Tried deworming but no help. How long can Cyp L be given?

How long can cyp l be given to kids . My daughter is two and she has a poor appetite we have tried deworming etc when we give cyp l drops she eats well and after we discontinue her appetite becomes less currently she is 10 kgs
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can continue Cyp-L drops for maximum 2 months. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking query on health care magic. Cyp-L drops can be given maximum for 2 months. It causes drowsiness as it is an anitihistaminic preparation. It is wise to offer foods that child likes and take more time to feed the child with tender loving care and encourage her to eat of her own. Praise the child if eats, but do not get annoyed if she does not. Start giving energy dense foods to enable her to pick up weight even if she eats little. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask me any more queries if required, I shall be happy to answer. Take care. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.
Follow-up: Child has poor appetite. Tried deworming but no help. How long can Cyp L be given? 9 minutes later
Incase I Need to continue again what should be the gap between two cycles. Also Does Cyp L have any side effects other than drowsiness like side effects on liver kidney etc
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Minimum 2 weeks gap between two cycles. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for asking question on XXXXXXX There should be a gap of minimum two weeks between 2 cycles. Drowsiness, dryness of mouth, ataxia and weight gain are the side effects of this drug. No side effects on kidney and liver are reported. Hope this answer will serve your purpose Please feel free to ask any more queries if required. Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH Associate professor of pediatrics