Child has peeling skin on foot and blood comes from it. Any solution?

My daughters skin on her feet toes keep peeling,and we can see blood sometimes, just a dot ,the area is completely scaled and it hurts everytime she puts pressure on it..she plays tennis for 2-3 hours daily.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later

Your daughter could be having eczema, fungal infection or callosity. From the clinical history provided its difficult to pin point a single cause.

I would be in a better position to comment if you could attach an image of the concerned area.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Child has peeling skin on foot and blood comes from it. Any solution? 2 days later
ive attache dthe pics, sometimes theres also as mentioned a small blood dot...which means it doesnt bleed or flow, we can just see a red dot and that time it really hurts her. apparanetly it doesnt itch regularly, but sometimes when she puts in warm water or after bath it really itches.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later

Thanks for writing back. I have gone through the images attached.

From the images attached it could probably be either Tinea pedis( fungal infection) or eczema.
Both of these can present as dry cracked skin with itching, pain or burning sensation. In tinea involvement of web spaces between the toes and sometimes nail can be seen. Tinea will require anti-fungal medications while eczema will require steroid cream and emollients.

The diagnosis can only be confirmed by skin scraping of involved area followed by KOH mount (Potassium Hydroxide). For the same, I would encourage a visit to dermatologist nearby.

In the meanwhile, ask your daughter to avoid wearing shoes so that the area is properly ventilated. She may also apply a steroid anti-fungal cream twice in a day over affected area. The combination would work for fungal infection and eczema both however results could be sub-optimal as a proper treatment can only be instituted after clinical examination and lab investigation if required. Hence a dermatologist's appointment is requested.

Hope that helps. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.