Child has headache, facial pain, swelling around eyes and runny nose. Is this an infection?

Average
Question
My 4 year old daughter is complaining of seemingly sudden onset headaches and facial pain in or around the right eye. This is accompanied by sweeling around that same eye and general irritibility and crying. Our primary pediatrician has examined her and said there is nothing wrong with her, no sign of any infection or illness. she does have a constant running nose and has battled colds recently like any 4 year old. I'm not sure what to do next as she continues to suffer from these symptoms.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 50 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

The description you gave suggests of Acute sinusitis.
Head ache, facial pain, swelling, constant running nose suggest me of this.

From how long this cold is persisting now?
Does she have any low grade fever?
Is the discharge thick?

Your child may require antibiotics after confirmation of the diagnosis.
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Child has headache, facial pain, swelling around eyes and runny nose. Is this an infection? 3 minutes later
The cold has been for at least 2 weeks, she has no fever and the discharge is not think any longer and is fairly clear.

I would agree with what you are saying except our pediatrician examined her yestedray and said he found no sign of any conjestion in the sinuses

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 21 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Cold lasting for more than 10 to 14 days suggest me to think of sinusitis.
She also has other symptoms like head ache, pain around the eye and swelling.

These symptoms strongly suggest me of sinusitis.

Hope this helps.