Child has fever, given Crocin. Rash on face. Done ESR count. What could be the reason?

My son 9 years old, having fever since 5 days 101 XXXXXXX and Min 99.5 after giving crocin, repeating every 6 hours, ESR count Ist Hour 27mm, II nd Hour 65mm. What could be the reason please. He doesnot have any other problem except for slight rash on his face.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
thanks for the query.
the type of fever your child is having is of intermittent type. i would request some more information to reach the probable diagnosis. kindly tell me whether the fever is accompanied with sweats and chills? rash appeared before or the use of crocin? also kindly tell me the time of peak temperature? and how is his appetite? any history of bleeding from nose or gums?
will be waiting for your response
Dr. M Ishfaq Habib