Child has fever, cough, runny nose and pain in calf muscle. What treatment should be done?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my five year old has had a fever, cough and runny nose for 2 days. Fever has now subsided but he is complaining of leg muscle pain...his calf muscles. He is walking on his tip toes because he says it hurts to walk flat footed?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and Thanks for posting your query.

According to your description , pain over your son calf seems to be inflammatory in nature.

I advice you to give your son rest to the part affected, give anti-inflammatory drug like syrup ibuprofen as and when required to reduce pain and inflammation and consult your doctor for thorough examination of calf and rule out any infective cause.

Hope this discussion was useful.

Good luck -- I hope things go well.

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.