Child has fever. Advised to give combiflam. Complaining headache. Blood test and urine test normal. Advise?

Dec 2012

Hi, My daughter is 4 years 4 month old. She has got fever since 19th XXXXXXX She has abeen advised to have combiflam on SOS basis. Besides this she has also been administered Augmentine from past 1 day. From last 2 days she is complaining about headache which usualy comes with fever 100 F and goes away afer giving combiflam 8ml as prescribed by the doctor. I just wanted to know if there is anything alarming or I should seek second opinion in this case. Her blood test and urine test has come normal. Also maleria test is done and that too is normal. I am worried if the symtop is related to Menengitis. She doesn't have any scar or signs on her body. She is active as soon as the fever and headache goes away. Thanks
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

The symptoms are not related to meningitis but she is having an infectious syndrome which could have any one of the possible causes of fever of unknown origin. Well if most of her blood and urine tests are normal, then maybe a sepsis or acute otitis media or other source of infection might be responsible.
I feel the treatment issued by her doctor is appropriate and you should continue the treatment for a couple more days and if the fever persist, it will be best to go back and see your doctor who can maybe do other tests such as blood culture.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah