Child has congenital aortic stenosis, regurgitation. Had Grommet tube inserted. Now bleeding from both ears. Cause?

my daughter has congenital aortic stenosis, she now has moderate to severe regurg, she had grommets put in 5mths ago she has now started bleeding from both ears what can be the cause she is 7yrs old?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Aortic stenosis with regurgitation per se does not cause bleeding from ears or bleeding in the urine.
The most common cause of such bleeding is due to infection which is commonly associated with valvular heart diseases. Such infections need to be treated vigorously to avoid the infection from reaching the heart.
She needs systemic antibiotics after properly consulting her cardiologist and ENT surgeon. A delay in the treatment might be XXXXXXX
I suggest you to get an appointment from your ENT surgeon as soon as possible to know the cause of this bleeding. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.