Child has chronic cough and getting acid in mouth. Taking different medicine. Related to LPR or GERD?
User rating for this question
My son who is now 12 Has has a chronic cough/throat clearing problem for 3 years. He descibes his throat feels like "something is stck in there" He coughs roughly every 10-20 seconds in all waking hours. I know based on dentist testing he has an extremely high level of acid in his mouth, and has had dental issues for years. We first went to the Dr. 3 years ago and he was put on medication for post nasal drip and OTC allergy meds. These did not help we were referred to allergist and determined the only thing he was allergic to is grass. We went back to the Dr who tried inhailers thinking he may have cough varient asthma.... again no luck. Most recently we went back and he is now on 6 different meds still allergy meds, meds to treat post nasal drip, steroid inhailer, steroid pill, acid reflux meds, still coughing. we have now been referred to pulomonary specialist his appt is next week. My questions are what could be causing these symptoms? GERD? LPR? could he have something stuck in his throat? If all the meds we have tried have not helped is there treatment?
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
People also viewed
- How to get rid of persistent chronic cough
- Acid reflux in infants and bowel movement
- Acid reflux and hurts to breathe
- Splenda chronic cough
- Acid reflux cough breathless
- Fluid in mouth while sleeping
- 4 year old fluid in leg
- Acid reflux and loose bowels
- Brown coloured acid reflux
- Chronic cough metal taste in mouth
- Can i take cheratussin ac for chronic cough ?
- Spotting yellow fluid three months post partum
- Pink fluid in my nose
- Do alcoholics get a chronic cough
- Fluid leaking from navel when pregnant