Child has bright red, itchy feet, swelling at times, shaky spells, chronic fatigue. No athlete's cream has helped

My son has a problem with his feet, they are bright red and very itchy, No athelets cream has helped some swelling at times, general health has changed with chronic fatigue and some shaking spells
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

If the swelling and redness is associated with general fatigue and tremors I would get suspicious about cardiac or renal involvement here.

The symptoms he has could be due to hydrodynamic disturbances with root cause in the defective circulation by the heart or defective blood pressure and water balance by kidneys.

I suggest you to get tests like EKG, 2D ECHO and RFT (Renal function tests) to rule our heart and kidney problems first.Once their involvement is ruled out then conditions like allergies, non specific inflammatory reactions etc can be considered as differential diagnosis and work on the condition accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.