Child has boil in scrotum. Is Fucidin cream suitable?

My child is 2 years old and has boil in scrotum, I am using fucidin cream? is that suitable?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Preferable using as an antiseptic Povidone Iodine solution and bacitracin, neomycin, polymyxin ) plus sterile gauze and microporous tape . Check carefully the boil , if there signs of inflammation ( redness, swelling, pain, itching, ) and pus , then it must be drained. Depend of dimension, if it is small , like pimple you can do yourself , if it is big like abscess then you have to consult the Doctor for properly drainage and possible oral antibiotics.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,