Child has bite marks on legs and arms, oozing yellow fluid. Could this be a staph infection?

Hello, My son got what looked like 3 mosquito bites in XXXXXXX of this year. He scratched them open and we treated them with soap and water and neosporin. Prior to this he had strep throat and sandpaper rash (was not treated with antibiotics, the issue resolved on it's own without any intervention, not even fever reducing medicine). He is allergic to peanut butter and on XXXXXXX 7th went into anaphylatic shock. After discharge from the hospital we noticed that the bug bites seemed to have more smaller scabs speckled out from the first bite. Kept washing his legs daily and putting on hydrogen peroxide. Then one day he got something that looked like a spider bite with two dimples and purplish skin and it was oozing yellow fluid. The told us to wash and treat with bactroban. It got better but NEW 'bites' appeared on his legs. He now has a total of one that I'm actively treating but 7 are healing and he has purple scars all over. He then developed 2 on his left arm which I treated and are clearing up. It seems as if everyday one is clearing up and a new one is starting on either his legs or his left arm. could this be a staph infection? We've been washing his sheets, scrubbing his nails and clipping his nails and washing his hands daily to prevent infection. No one else in the home has an issue, only him. Why are these 'bites' showing up with out any evidence of any real bug bite and how can we stop new ones and the spreading to stop in his body? The best thing I've found is that putting my breastmilk on the 'bites' seems to really clear it up overnight better than any OTC antibiotic ointment. He's also allergic to all penecillins and I don't like to use antibiotics on him if I don't have to. Please help.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi dear,

Ive gone through your query.Thanks for the details.

The description you have given suits the diagnosis of Papular urticaria.However there can be other things also.

Papular urticaria is basically a allergic response to mosquito bite/insect bite/bug bite.

It occurs in children of 1 to 8 years.

Best way to prevent it is by using mosquito net for sleeping.

Use mosquito repellent or insect repellent.

Use full sleeve clothes to cover the body completely.

Keep the doors and windows closed at evening time.Avoid him playing in outdoors.

For existing lesions you can apply calamine lotion twice or thrice daily.

Breast milk is known to have anti bacterial activity but its use for treating skin condition is something new for me also.

If you can upload some photographs of skin lesions. It would be good for confirmation.

If you need any further clarification do write back.