Child had seizure attack, started getting headache and tired. Required cure and treatment?

I am asking about my friends child, Who I love very much. She is 5 and in kindergarten. She is soooo tired at the end of the day, she just falls asleep. She is mixed and her father is black but no contact with him, so not sure of any sickle cell or other family history. she does bruise easy but so does her mother. She had a seizure about 6 weeks ago and now complains of headaches. Her doctor said he didn't want to do a CT unless she had another seizure. I am a little worried. so is her mom. What would you do if it were your child?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 13 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

As the child had seizures 6 weeks back and now complains of headache some clinical and investigative work up must have been done. It shall be good if you can share the details.

Headaches and tiredness would warrant a re-evaluation which should include the following (unless already done):
1. Clinical examination
2. Fundoscopy
3. EEG
4. Blood work-up including coagulation profile.
5. CT scan, if required.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing the child all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal