Child had hot chocolate with milk and having stomach pain. Feeling dizzy and slept. Should I be worried?

Feb 2013

my son had a good day today, he had a good meal, and around bedtime, gave him a hotchocolate with milk his usual snack with cereal,after that, he started complaining of stomach pain, and said he felt dizzy and moving his head back and forth, I told him to put his head down, after that he felt this sudden need to lay down. he s asleep now, and sweated after 2hours:( should I be worried?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Observe the child closely

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

This episode of stomach pain, dizzy feeling, restlessness, followed by sweating looks like nausea because of gastritis or reflux.

I suggest you to observe the child for any vomitings, increase in the severity of stomach pain, or loose stools.

And if the child develops any of above symptoms or feels dizzy after wake up, I suggest you to take him to emergency.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.