Child had febrile seizure. Normal CT scan. Should I continue giving Eptoin syrup?

My daughter is two and half year.she had febrile siezure .as reason was not known to us doctors hospitalized her and stated antibiotics and eptoin her ct scan is normal. Should she continue the eptoin dose
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Even if CT scan was normal I think you should continue the treatment. CT scan may not always show findings in cases of seizures.

Ideal investigations are MRI brain with contrast and EEG.You can discuss about this with your doctor.

Hope that answers your question.

Follow-up: Child had febrile seizure. Normal CT scan. Should I continue giving Eptoin syrup? 16 minutes later
It is difficult to conduct MRI brain of child .as she gets up when taken into machine and machine sound is very anesthesia safe for small baby.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 49 minutes later
We regularly do MRI for babies of her age.She might just need sedation and may not need anesthesia.