Child had circumcision, not feeling comfortable. Suggest?

General Surgeon
my 6 month old son undergone circumcision(sunnath) operation 2 days before. he is not feeling much comfortable
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Circumcision always leaves a wound (like every surgery) which needs some time to get healed. Usually it takes about 7 days. During that time discomfort is a very normal thing. Its because tissues were wounded, small blood vessels cut, small nerves damaged. During healing process, wounds get sensitive to touch, swollen. It should be better day by day.
I suggest you to wash his wound daily just with water and soap. You can give him Ibuprophen or Acethaminophen to help with pain and discomfort. In case of fever consult your surgeon.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.