Child had chicken pox and all blisters are dried. Having stomach pain and feeling bloated. Cause?

Feb 2013

My daughter had chicken pox 8 days back and now all blisters are dried. She is fine with all. But since 2 days she is complaining of stomach pain or feeling bloated. Can you suggest me what could be the problem, or is it just an after effect of chicken pox. Whats the diet control? I have been avoiding spicy and oily stuff. Anything else I need to do?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 17 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Stomach pain or feeling bloated stomach is due to the development of gastritis.

Gastritis may be due to post chickenpox infection or some times drug induced.

What medication did she receive during the chicken pox?

Coming to diet, give soft, bland diet.

Avoid spicy, fried, and oily food.

You can give her small quantity of feeds at frequent intervals to avoid the sensation of bloating abdomen.

If the symptoms are persisting, antacid medication like Digene or Gelucil syrup can be given in prescribed dose after physical examination by her pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know along the details I have asked.