Child got sudden rash on chin and neck. Required treatment?

6 yr old has sudden rash on chin and neck. Blood color, not bumpy. No fever or change in overall demeanor
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Sudden appearance of the rash is more frequently seen in either allergic reactions or viral infections.

The exact cause can be made based on the associated symptoms he has. I would like to know some more details on his condition to arrive at a possible diagnosis.

Is he allergic to any food items or any material?
Is he on any medications?
Have you checked the temperature with a thermometer?
Is there any itching or pain associated with the rashes?

Based on the appearance of the rash you described above, I suspect them to be due to a viral infection.

If possible please do attach an image of the rash here on the right side of the page or mail it to

with a subject line: "Attention Dr Raju".

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Child got sudden rash on chin and neck. Required treatment? 1 hour later
No issues other than appearance. Temperature normal, no itching involved.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I have looked at the image.

The lesions your child has appear as those which are typically seen in allergies especially Utricaria of milder form. This could be secondary to insect bite or due to contact with a substance she is allergic to.

Viral infections cause’s rashes which are evenly distributed but these lesions are grouped and hyperaemic. Hence, could be due to allergy.

I suggest you to give Tab CPM 2mg once in the night for three days. This will surely help her get rid of the rashes.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there any other concerns.