Child got fracture in collar bone, scratch behind the ear. Prescribed p-125 and flagyl. MRI needed?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my 8 month child roll over with walker in steps today morning. we took x-ray and ct scan
In x-ray it shows fracture in collor bone and a scracth behind the left Ear. She's crying due to pain. doctor gave P-125 syrup and FLAGYL syrup. Is it enough we took CT scan or whether we have to take MRI scan. Please help me.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 45 minutes later

CT scan of head is enough to rule out any head injury. So be relaxed , there is no need of any MRI scan.Also for fracture collor bone you need not to worry to much.It will unite in 2-3 weeks with simple rest . Continue giving her P-125 syrup for pain control.

I hope this is helpful to you.Let me know if you need further assistance
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wishing her speedy recovery...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.