Child getting frequent tonsils infections. Can Clavam be used?

Question
dear sir
my son oftenly gets infected by tonsilitis
IS CLAVAM 625 IS GOOD FOR HIM
HIS AGE IS 52KG AGED 15 YRS
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 46 minutes later

Recurrent tonsillitis in adolescents is common.

Antibiotics like Clavum are most preferred by physicians in case of recurrent bacterial tonsillitis in older children and adolescents. I suggest you to XXXXXXX an ENT specialist to chalk out the reasons for recurrent episodes like abscess.

You can infact speak to doctor about adding a short dose steroids. Hydration is important, and the oral route is usually adequate.

Hope this helps.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.